Have you been giving out lots of business cards and are now thinking are people are keeping my card or are they throwing it away? In this article we will be looking at how to make your business trash can proof. Follow the five steps to making you business card a success.
- Step 1. Get someone who professionally makes business cards, unless you have the skills to design one yourself. You have enough to worry about with running your business. By outsourcing the project you are saving yours valuable time that can be better invested back into the business. Now, the person who does design your business card should also make your letterheads, brochures, website etc. so that your design stays consistent.
- Step 2. Keep it simple. A normal size business card is about 3.5″x2″, you don’t want to make it any bigger than that. Make sure that the logo isn’t too large and that the writing isn’t too small
- Step 3. Keep to the business card size. You don’t want to go any bigger or get to creative with how the card is cut. If you do that then it won’t fit in a card holder proper (or a wallet for that matter) and it will just get thrown out.
- Step 4. Be careful on the information you put on your card. The main thing that should be on your business card is your name, the company name (logo), phone number, web address, and your email. If you have room on your card you can add the address, fax number, and cell number. Just remember that clean and simple is always better, less is more.
- Step 5. Use the back of the card for non-critical information, or just leave it blank. Not many people will look at the back of the business card. If you decide to put something on the back of your business card, put your tagline, or your mission.
The most important thing to keep in mind when designing your business is to place yourself in the other person’s shoes. Look at your design, text etc and say to yourself “How would I feel if someone gave me this card. We hope you enjoyed the 5 Steps to a successful business card. We love feedback so if you have anything to add or suggest please comment below.