Did you know that the vast majority of websites fail? There’s many reasons for it, but there’s also some simple things you can do to protect yours from the same fate.Can you update your site yourself? We’re not talking about big design changes or anything, just news and announcements, maybe some articles you’ve written, or a monthly blog post or two.
There are 5 key methods to finding success online. In this mini series of 5 articles I will reveal these 5 easy methods that you can start doing today in your business using our all-in-one business solution.
Can you update your site yourself?
If you can’t, or you don’t – you need to and you should! The fact is that search engines like Google absolutely adore fresh, valuable content on websites – so the more content you add and the fresher your site is, the higher the chance that you’ll rank highly in search results – meaning more customers and more profits.
Now, the next question is – what to write? This is the hardest bit, so we’ve prepared three strategies to help you figure out what to write about.
- Think about what’s been happening in the last month in your business. Did you make any milestones in terms of customers, profit numbers, product releases or new staff hires? Write about them! Customers love to read positive things about your business – it shows you’re authentic and successful, which are good signs for any business.
- Did something special or interesting happen to you that taught you a positive lesson you could share? Maybe you went to the coffee shop and were really “wowed” by their customer service. Perhaps they even inspired you to improve your own service. Share these stories with your customers on a blog post! They’re fun, interesting and they say a lot about the things your business values.
- Think about what’s going to happen in the next month – is there anything interesting? Are you going to receive your 1000th order? Are you about to receive a huge shipment or discount frisbees? Tell your customers and build up some excitement!
There’s always something to write, just remember the golden rules of content and you’ll be fine:
- Is the content relevant to your customers or your business?
- Does the content add value to your customers?
TRY IT OUT!
Does all this sound hard? Well, once upon it time it was hard to update and manage your own website. But with our online business platform it’s simple and intuitive. You can use a range of simple tools to add content. Here’s just a few:
|Blogs You can build a blog – which is like an online diary – quickly and easily under Website -> Blogs. With a blog, you can post thoughts, ideas and observations and share them with your visitors.|
|Announcements Sharing news is easy with Announcements. You can use the announcements modules for news and interesting upcoming events.|
|Web Pages Updating your websites pages is simple with our easy to use content editor that looks just like your familiar word processor. This means you can quickly and easily make small additions to your site, yourself.|
I hope you’ve found these tips useful! Next week, look out for tip #2: